Once upon a time, no homeowner would even consider the possibility of purchasing a sofa set that didn’t come with a loveseat. It was simply standard operating procedure for decorating a home. Today, the standards have changed a bit. More and more, homeowners are choosing between a sofa set and a loveseat.
The reasons for this are varied. For many homeowners, particularly in urban dwellings, space is at a premium. Attempting to work two large full-sized pieces of furniture in our homes can cause countless headaches. Additionally, more and more of us are living with smaller households. Many are single. Others have opted to have a single child, rather than three or four. This lessens the need for both pieces.
Having trouble deciding between an Ashley sofa set or an Acme loveseat? Here are a few guidelines:
Opt For A Sofa Set If:
- You have a large family or like to entertain frequently and have the room to build a room around your sofa set.
- You plan on having overnight guests who might need a place to crash.
- The living room is your main dwelling place. You spend the vast majority of your time here.
Opt For A Loveseat If:
- You live alone or with a partner without children.
- You have a small apartment and space is a precious commodity.
- You entertain infrequently.
- You spend little time in your living room.