Leather’s incredible durability is one of its most attractive features. It is built to last and will withstand almost any wear and tear your family subjects it to. That said, if you want your leather furniture to continue to look as shiny as when it was first placed in your home, you will have to administer a cleaning every few months. Given its unique characteristics, it is vital that you do your research on how to safely clean leather.
The leather is porous. This means that saturating it with water or harsh cleaning products can ruin its appearance. Therefore, when it comes to spills or spots, use only mild products and a leather conditioner to keep the look and texture of your leather recliner chair or sofa set up to snuff.
Cleaning Your Reclining Leather Chair:
- Lightly dampen a soft cloth with warm water and apply two or three drops of mild detergent or liquid hand soap.
- Wipe the recliner gently with the cloth to remove any spills or dirt.
- Rinse the cloth and wring it completely when it accumulates dirt or residue.
- Lightly dampen a clean cloth with warm water and wring it out completely.
- Wipe the leather recliner chair with the cloth to remove any extra soap or detergent.
- Dry the leather with a clean cloth and allow to air dry completely.
- Apply a light layer of leather conditioner to the recliner using small, circular motions.